Microsoft Teams is a powerful collaboration tool that can help teams to work more efficiently and effectively. This software has emerged as a transformative tool, revolutionizing the way we work and communicate. With its integration capabilities with Office 365 and Skype for Business, MS Teams offers numerous benefits with seamless productivity.
However, with technological innovations Teams face unique management challenges for IT administrators and managers. These issues may significantly impact the efficiency of the employees and need to be addressed quickly. Here we will cover some common issues along with tips to ensure that your team is using Teams to its full potential.
How to Check Your Microsoft Teams Issues?
While working if you suspect there may be an error with Teams, you’re not alone. Like other software, issues can arise. But before diving into troubleshooting, it’s recommended to first identify if the issues lie with MS Teams. Here are ways you can refer:
- Check the official Microsoft 365 Status page or Twitter account for any recent announcements about Teams issues.
- Go through the Microsoft Teams Twitter account or search for the #MicrosoftTeams hashtag for user reports of Teams problems.
- Use a service like Downdetector to see if there’s a spike in reported Microsoft Teams problems.
- Ask your colleagues if they have experienced any Microsoft Teams issues.
If everyone’s Teams are working properly, read to identify the cause and get it fixed.
Fix Bug: Teams Not Display Latest Messages
If you are experiencing such a situation or your feed appears stagnant, one way is to restart your application. If you are in Windows, right-click on the Teams icon and Choose Quit.
For macOS, Right click on Teams in Dock and click on Quit button. Now restart your application to see if the issue is resolved.
However, If you still find the big, open the MS Teams on your browser and sign in to the application. You can now check the messages are loaded correctly.
Problem: Microphone and Webcam Not Working Properly
Sometimes during team calls you find errors in using the microphone and webcam. This can be fixed using the following troubleshooting steps.
Check your Device Configuration Settings
- Go through your Team Profile and Click on the Settings.
- Navigate to Device option and ensure that your microphone and webcam are selected.
Update Device Drivers
- Ensure that your drivers are updated.
- Visit your manufacturer’s device and look for any available driver updates. Install them if required.
Check Privacy & App Permissions
- Go through your system Settings.
- Click on Privacy settings and provide access to the Teams application.
If none of the above steps work, you can reach out to your Microsoft Teams support for further assistance.
Problem: MS Teams Stuck in Login Loop
- Open Microsoft Edge on Your PC.
- Go to Settings and Select Cookies site permissions.
- Select the Manage and Delete cookies and site data.
- Allow sites to save and read all cookie data.
- Make sure that Block third-party cookies are off. If you want to keep these settings on, go for step 6.
- Below the Allow section, add these sites:
Problem: Notifications are not Received on your Desktop
If you aren’t getting any new notifications from Teams, it may not be a glitch as the permission might get changed. You can fix this by enabling the correct settings in Microsoft Teams.
- Open the MS Team application and go to your Profile section.
- Click on the Settings button and choose the Next option.
- Click on the Notification option. Make sure this setting is on and if not, you can adjust the settings accordingly..
Problem: Sign-in Issues
The most frustrating problem is “We weren’t able to connect. Sign in and we’ll try again“. This can be due to when your Teams app is open for a longer period. This cannot be fixed due to restarting the application, follow these steps to resolve the issue.
- Right, Click on the teams icon and Select Quit.
- Again Right Click on Start Menu and Click on the Run button.
- Write %AppData%/Microsoft and tap the OK button.
- A new window will open and Choose Rename option.
- Type in TeamsBackup and Click on Enter button.
Open Microsoft Teams again and use it once again. You need to reconfigure your settings from the beginning, and your issues will be resolved.
Problem: Microsoft Teams Freezing or Shut Down
If your Team gets freezed or shuts down unexpectedly between important meetings or calls, there are several ways you can take to address the issue:
Restart Your Application
- On Windows, Go to the task manager or tap the Ctrl + Alt + Delete button. Navigate to Task Manager > Microsoft Teams > End task.
- On MacOS, Tap Command + Option + Esc to quit the app. In the Force Quit window, select Microsoft Teams and click Force Quit.
Update Microsoft Teams
- Make sure that Your MS Teams are updated. Open Team and click on the icon located near your profile photo. Select Check for updates and download the newest version if available.
Troubleshoot or Repair the Application
- Tap on Windows + I and go to System > Troubleshoot > Other trouble-shooters. Scroll down and click on Windows Store apps, then Choose Run.
- You can also go to Windows Settings, click on Apps, and then Apps & features. Locate Microsoft Teams, click on Advanced options, and choose to repair the app. This action should not affect your data.
What if the Problem Persists?
Dealing with Microsoft Teams issues can be intimidating, but there are steps that you can take to address them. Although occasional bugs are a common occurrence, persistent problems may require the assistance of your company’s IT administrators. They have access to Microsoft support documentation that provides valuable troubleshooting resources.
If the suggested solutions do not resolve your issue, you can reach out to Microsoft’s technical team directly to get assistance tailored to your specific situation. Remember, with the right support, you can overcome any challenges and make the most out of your Microsoft Teams experience. You may also like New-MigrationBatch or New-MoveRequest in Exchange Server. Don’t forget to follow us and share this article.